Frequently Asked Questions
- 01. Does Laura Mercier Cosmetics test on animals or are your products vegan?
- 02. Do your products contain animal ingredients?
- 03. Where can I look up the ingredients for each product?
- 04. Do your products contain parabens?
- 05. Do you have products that contain talc?
- 06. Are your products safe for pregnant women?
- 07. Are your products gluten free?
- 08. How can I order from Laura Mercier?
01. Does Laura Mercier Cosmetics test on animals or are your products vegan?
Laura Mercier does not test on animals nor do we ask others to test on our behalf, except where required by law. Laura Mercier is actively working with industry and other partners to eliminate animal testing globally and is committed to the development and acceptance of alternative methods. We are equally dedicated to the health and safety of our consumers ensuring we meet the highest in quality standards.
02. Do your products contain animal ingredients?
We are continually evaluating alternatives to animal-derived ingredients and have replaced many ingredients with vegetable derived substitutes. We do use animal bi-products, such as lanolin and beeswax, in some of our products. For a complete list of ingredients for a product, please click on the ingredients tab on the product's detail page.
03. Where can I look up the ingredients for each product?
You can find the full list of ingredients for each Laura Mercier product on its respective product page on lauramercier.co.uk.
04. Do your products contain parabens?
Some Laura Mercier products do contain Parabens. Parabens are preservatives and have been commonly used in consumer products for many years. Paraben use in cosmetics is fully permitted by regulatory authorities in Japan, Asia, the US and Europe. Preservatives, including Parabens, are necessary in cosmetics to prevent product deterioration. They play an essential role in ensuring the quality of cosmetic products and the safety of the consumers who use them.
05. Do you have products that contain talc?
Yes, some Laura Mercier products contain Talc. Talc is commonly used as an ingredient in not only cosmetics, but also pharmaceuticals and food products. For many years it has been used safely around the world.
06. Are your products safe for pregnant women?
We take the safety of our products very seriously and are confident about the safety of the ingredients we use in our products. However, we recommend that you consult your physician to determine whether a product you are currently using is safe for you during pregnancy.
07. Are your products gluten free?
Many of our products do not contain ingredients derived from barley, oats, rye, spelt or wheat, which are commonly known sources of gluten. However, we do not claim that any of our products are gluten free, as they are processed in manufacturing plants where products containing gluten ingredients are also made.
08. How can I order from Laura Mercier?
You can order from Laura Mercier by shopping at one of our online retailers or in store. To find your nearest store click here or you can select ‘shop now’ on a product page and find an online retailer.