Terms and Conditions
APPLICABLE AS FROM MARCH 2, 2020.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE.
1. LEGAL INFORMATION
SHISEIDO UK is a Limited Company with Registered in London under number: 2797273 - VAT number : GB625996884, with headquarters located 10th Floor, The Adelphi 1-11 John Adam Street, London WC2N 6HT - UNITED KINGDOM - Matriculation city: London.
There are other terms that may apply to you
• Our Cookies Policy, which sets out information about the cookies on our Site.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
LAURA MERCIER may suspend or stop providing access to all or part of this Site at its sole discretion for business and operational reasons, at any time. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal but should LAURA MERCIER be compelled by a court ruling or by law to immediately bar access to the Site, LAURA MERCIER may not be able to give any notice prior to doing so.
2. PERSONAL DATA
3. DESCRIPTION OF THE SITE
LAURA MERCIER provides the following facilities to the Users, enabling them primarily:
• To access LAURA MERCIER content;
• To subscribe to the LAURA MERCIER newsletter,
• To contact Customer Care Service.
The Site is only available in English.
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
Users may access the various services provided on the Site as follows:
1) To subscribe to the newsletter, Users should take the following steps:
• Fill in an electronic registration form.
• Check that the data they provided is correct and rectify any errors before finally confirming their subscription by clicking on “SEND”.
• An e-mail shall be sent to the Users asking them to confirm their subscription to the newsletter.
2) To access to Customer Care Service, Users should take the following steps:
• Fill in an electronic registration form.
• Check that the data they provided is correct and rectify any errors before finally sending their request.
5. LAURA MERCIER CONTENT FEATURING ON THE SITE
The content featuring on this Site and provided by LAURA MERCIER, including any artwork, graphical representations, photographs, images, screen dumps, texts, music, video clips, trademarks, logos, product names and names of personalities, slogans and any combination of these elements (the “LAURA MERCIER Content”) belongs to LAURA MERCIER and is protected in the European Union, in the United States and worldwide by trademark and copyright law and other intellectual property laws.
You are therefore not authorised to copy, reproduce, show or sell all or part of the Site and/or the LAURA MERCIER Content in any way whatsoever, nor to create works derived wholly or partially from the Site and/or the LAURA MERCIER Content. All such rights are reserved.
Any unauthorised use of the LAURA MERCIER Content shall constitute an infringement of intellectual property rights and might give rise to civil action or criminal prosecution.
You agree not to download, display or use any LAURA MERCIER Content featuring on the Site in order to use it in any publication, public performance, on other web sites than this Site, for any commercial purpose, in connection with goods or services that are not those of LAURA MERCIER, in any way that might give rise to confusion in the minds of consumers, that harms or discredits LAURA MERCIER, that detracts from the rights of LAURA MERCIER, or that infringes its intellectual property rights in any other way. You moreover hereby undertake to refrain from misappropriating and misusing any LAURA MERCIER Content featuring on this Site by any other means.
6. USE OF THE SITE
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. When you use the Site, you undertake not to:
• Use our Site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• Use our Site in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• Use our Site for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• Use our Site to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
• Use our Site to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards.
• Use the electronic communication facilities provided on the Site for illicit, criminal, wrongful purposes, or in ways that infringe the privacy of third parties, that constitute harassment or defamation, or that are obscene, threatening or hateful;
• Download, post, reproduce or distribute information, software or other elements protected by copyright or by any other intellectual property right (as well as any personality right and right to privacy) without having first secured permission from the holders of these rights;
• Gather or store any personal data concerning other Users;
• Use the Site for any commercial purposes. You therefore undertake for instance not to download, post, send by e-mail or otherwise transmit any advertising or promotional content, such as any unsolicited e-mail, surveys, spam, chain e-mails, pyramid sales schemes or any other form of unauthorized solicitation or communication;
• Knowingly upload, download, post, send by e-mail or otherwise transmit any element containing computer viruses or other computer codes, files or programs that might interrupt, limit or interfere with the operation of any computer hardware or software, any telecommunication equipment or the Site itself;
• “Reverse engineer”, decompile and modify the applications or the computer codes linked to the Site.
Any person who violates the foregoing undertakings may be banned from accessing the Site.
7. LIABILITY - WARRANTIES
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Please note that we only provide the Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
THIS SITE IS HEREBY PROVIDED “AS IS”. LAURA MERCIER does not guarantee the long-term viability or the performances of the services that are accessible on the Site, nor that these services are free of bugs or other flaws, given that the existence of programming errors or the occurrence of technical incidents cannot be ruled out.
LAURA MERCIER hereby excludes liability for any inconvenience or damage inherent to the use of the Internet network, such as breakdowns of the service, external intrusions or the presence of computer viruses, or the impossibility to access the Site owing to maintenance operations, technical breakdowns, force majeure or any circumstance beyond its control.
LAURA MERCIER hereby excludes liability for insignificant errors that might affect the elements presented on the Site, such as the information about and descriptions of the products.
Each User shall be responsible for their computer equipment, their data and software applications, as well as their connection to the network enabling them to access the Site. LAURA MERCIER hereby disclaims liability for the configuration, the performances or the compatibility of the User’s equipment with the Site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Content uploaded by you to our Site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
9. THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
10. COMPLAINTS - DISPUTES
Should you have any complaint concerning your use of the Site, please write your request on the contact page.
Should it not be possible to resolve a dispute with LAURA MERCIER by such means, the Users may resort to mediation or to any other alternative mode of dispute settlement.
11. APPLICABLE LAW